Tibetan Chod Damaru Drum Set
Traditionally, the Chod Damaru drum set was made from human skulls. However, this practice is now obsolete. However, there are traditional measures that skilled craftsman still employ when manufacturing the drum. As a result, the beat of the drum will entice the blessings of the dakini, Lama and the protectors.
The objective of playing the Chod Damaru drum set is to draw spiritual energy into your spiritual core. Our world class Chod Damaru is made from Nepali wood and copper ring that is gilded in 24k gold. The leather is specially treated and it comes with a special storage case. Please store your Chod Damaru upright in the case provided.
How To Play Chod Damaru Drum Set
1) Use firm grip with pointed index finger
2) Do not bend or tilt your arm, keep it straight
3) Rotate the drum 180° to 180°, “face to face”
4) Slow uniform speed, no abrupt variations
5) Don’t try to make a sound, ignore the “beaters”
6) Don’t pump your arm
7) Be one with the drum